As a history major, you will develop the ability to read critically, conduct genuine historical research, gather information, evaluate evidence, debate issues and place issues in their proper historical and human perspective.
History majors can choose from:
• American history
• American history/government teaching, which can lead to teacher certification
• American/world history teaching, which also can lead to teacher certification
Graduates of Morningside’s history program hold jobs as a museum manager, elementary school counselor, history and government teacher, preservation officer at a state historical society and manager at a historical preservation foundation.
Recent graduates have been accepted into graduate and professional school programs such as:
• Drake University Law School
• Historic Preservation Graduate Program at Ball State University
• MA Program in History, University of Missouri-Kansas City
• U.S. Naval Graduate Program in Military Intelligence
• Master in Public Administration Program, University of Nebraska-Omaha
• Rural Development and Planning MA Program, University of Western Illinois