A major in philosophy is solid preparation for graduate and professional school programs that lead to careers such as medicine, law, business and teaching at the college level. Philosophy also serves well as a second major in combination with any other area of study.
Recent philosophy graduates have gone on to:
• Enter a graduate program in bioethics at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln
• Attend the Kansas City College of Legal Studies in Kansas City, Mo.
• Receive a master’s degree in environmental studies from the University of Montana and attend law school at the University of Colorado
• Complete a law degree at the University of Iowa and work for a law firm in Des Moines
• Work as a tribal planner for the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska and do graduate work in religious studies at Creighton University
• Complete a master of arts in English with a collateral field in philosophy at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln