HOURS: 8:30 – 4:30 Monday – Friday during the summer, Up to 20 hours during school year.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Legal Research - Research and analyze statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, codes, etc, to prepare memos, summaries and briefs for use by corporate attorneys.
2. Miscellaneous duties - Provide resource for company and agency staff regarding legal topics as required. May include preparation for and assistance with depositions, mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences, investigations and other matters as requested.
1. Maintain confidentiality in all matters
2. Commitment to GWCC customer service philosophy
3. Integrity and ethics; open, honest and trustworthy
4. Dependability through timeliness and attendance
5. Participation in continuing education
Educational/Vocational Training: Bachelor’s Degree required plus must have successfully completed one year of law school and be fully enrolled at an accredited college or university and continuing progress toward JD Degree. Prefer completion of two years of law school.
Work Experience: Some work experience that indicates ability to take direction and work with others.
1. Thorough knowledge and above average ability to use law library and online research resources.
2. Above average written/composition skills.
3. Good interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with variety of individuals.
4. Good self-initiative in organizing work and follow through on assigned tasks.
5. Specific physical requirements:
a. Regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
b. occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms;
c. lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
d. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Apply on-line or send cover letter/resume outlining your skills, experience, and salary history by March 12, 2008 to:
DeeAnn Zimmerman, Sr. Staffing Specialist or Brandi Kluender, Staffing Specialist
Human Resource Department
Great West Casualty Company
PO Box 277
South Sioux City, NE 68776
402-494-7228 [FAX 402-494-0114]
An Equal Opportunity Employer