Morningside College believes that Residence Life is an integral part of a student's complete educational experience, therefore all full-time students who have not yet attained senior status (91+ credits) are required to live on-campus, unless they are 23 years of age or older.
Exceptions may be made for students who:
- are are married.
- have dependent children living with them.
- will reach their 23rd birthday before the end of the current semester.
- are living with a parent, grandparent, guardian or adult brother or sister within 45 miles of Morningside College.
- have a college endorsed internship, clinical placement, or are student teaching outside the Siouxland area.
- are required to "live in" by their employer.
- have obtained at least 91 credits.
- are a veteran.
In order to be approved to live off-campus students must submit a housing waiver application to the Office of Residence Life and have their application approved by the housing committee.
Students, required to live in on-campus housing, in violation of the housing policy or who have not completed the Housing Waiver Application and have not received written approve to live off-campus will be charged a regular double room rate.
Financial Aid Notification: Any changes in enrollment and/or living arrangements AT ANY TIME BEFORE or DURING the award year should be reported to the Office in Financial Planning. Your financial aid award may be adjusted.
Off Campus Housing Waiver Form