Getting your money's worth
Many people are surprised to discover that attending a private liberal arts college like Morningside can often have a higher ROI (return on investment) than attending a state school.
And we're absolutely confident that our students are not only getting their money's worth, but coming out ahead.
Estimated annual costs for the 2018-2019 school year
- Full-time tuition (12-18 credit hours per semester): $30,030
- General fees (including student government, health services, and technology fees): $1,500
- Room: $5,200
- Board (including meal plan): $4,410
- Enrollment deposit: $100
- Estimated book costs: $800
- Parking: $95
Please note that these costs are based on a full-time student who lives on campus for nine months.
All of our students receive financial aid to help alleviate the above costs. Learn more about our scholarship, grant, and other financial aid opportunities.
Billing information and terms
- Charges are billed to the student accounts each registration term (semester).
- Tuition, fees, parking permits, room and board are charged on validation day (the day before classes begin).
- If students choose to charge textbooks to their student accounts, the charges are allowed during the first two weeks of the semester.
- If all necessary paperwork is complete, grant, scholarship and loan assistance will be applied to the student accounts two weeks after the term begins.
- Private scholarships will be applied to student accounts when received.
- First semester bills are due by September 30.
- Second semester bills are due by February 15.
- Student accounts with balances on September 30 or February 15, and not on an approved payment plan will be assessed a monthly finance charge (18% A.P.R.). Balances of $1,000 or more will also be assessed a monthly $100 late fee until account balance is less than $1,000.
- Student accounts must be paid or the student must be on an approved Payment Plan, to register for the next semester.
- Other charges are incurred by some students, depending on their classes and activities.
- Private music lessons and class fees (art fees, nursing fees, etc.) are billed to the student accounts during the first two weeks of each semester.
- Other charges (additional Food Bucks, vaccination shots, fines, etc.) are billed to the student accounts when they occur.
Student account statements
- We have gone paperless with our billings statements.
- Email reminders will be sent to student emails monthly.
- Student accounts can be viewed online by students and parents through CampusWEB (parent access must be granted by the student).
We're happy to answer any and all questions you may have about tuition fees and other charges. Simply contact us online or give us a call at 1-800-831-0806, x5117.