Earn your Master of Arts in Teaching from one of the Midwest’s leading providers of graduate education, 100% online
You are already changing the very shape of tomorrow. Now, you can shape your own future, too. Morningside College offers you the opportunity to earn your Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) at the Sharon Walker School of Education.
You can choose from two MAT teaching options, all online so you don’t lose a second of the important work you are already doing while you take your teaching career to the next level:
Iowa teachers can also learn more about our endorsement and education strand options available online:
A program designed for educators like you.
- Online and everywhere: Accredited and offered in all 50 states, and designed for busy, working teachers like you so you can continue teaching while enhancing your own knowledge and credentials.
- Flexible to your needs: A variety of start times available, as well as the ability to pause or reenter the program as needed based on what’s best for you.
- Exceptional value: Morningside’s tuition is one of the best values in the Midwest and beyond, offering you an outstanding educational experience and personalized instruction.
- Supportive faculty: Our faculty are not only experts at what they do and will provide you with one-on-one guidance along the way to ensure you reach graduation day.
- Relevant learning for immediate use: Curriculum is based on current issues and major trends in K-12 education, including assessment practices, teaching to diversity, learning and technology, and classroom-based research projects, giving you the opportunity to immediately put what you have learned into action in your classroom.
- Learning resources: Access student support and services, including the online writing center or a data lab to support your research.
- Nationally recognized: This accredited degree program is recognized in all 50 states.
Be part of Morningside’s history of excellence.
Morningside is proud to have a 125-year history of providing life-changing, career-shaping educational experiences to cultivate life-long learners who are dedicated to ethical leadership and civic responsibility. Our graduate programs are no exception. Learn more about who we are and our history.
- Morningside College Mission and History
- Graduate Education Learning Outcomes and Mission
Take the next step toward earning your master’s degree.
Our MAT programs and other graduate offerings can help you enhance your teaching career can continue your work shaping our future generations. Don’t delay. Take the next step to get enrolled at Morningside today.
- Begin the Admission Process
- Review Tuition & Financial Aid Information
- Explore the Graduate Catalog or Course Information
- Check out an FAQ developed from students like you
Testimonial: Amy Wingert
Reading Interventionist, North Middle School, Sioux City, IA
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Morningside College; Currently enrolled in MAT – Professional Educator
“My Morningside experience has been wonderful. They make it simple to start or complete your MAT online, and it fits both my work and family schedule. The professors are knowledgeable and willing to help, and the program is a great fit for my needs as an educator. My advice to someone considering enrolling in the program is to check out the variety of courses offered or learn more about the faculty. They make the program truly exceptional.”